Killer Kielder is a one day epic adventure challenge


Race the Kielder100


Kayak the length of Kielder Water


Run the Lakeside Way marathon

Tuesday 26 October 2010

Getting ready for winter

As I'm sure you will all have noticed the weather is now officially poop which means a rummage around the cupboard for tyres with a bit more tread and the inaugural root around the light box to get them charged/repaired/traded in for something better.



Killer Kielder is making good progress still, I'm planning on meeting up with Hazel from the Calvert Trust to discuss some logistics and to get a full tour of the site at kielder which will be great. I've also been asked by Northumbria Water to put together a safety management plan of sorts for the challenge which is fair enough as I will be knackered in the middle of the biggest man made lake in northern Europe so I imagine this might require a support craft of some kind. Needless to say there are a lot of logistics/infrastructure things to consider and I'll be liaising with the right people in the coming weeks and months to make sure everything. The Forestry Commission have been particularly helpful in supporting me and putting me in touch with the right people in the last few weeks.

I've now got a domain name for the challenge http://www.killerkielder.co.uk/ but for now it just links straight to the blog. I'd like to get the logo done properly as I just bodged it together and it would be nice to have it looking smoother.

I'll be writing an article for Alan's website about my approach to training for bike races which will focus on how to make the most out of opportunities when you work 9-5. Watch out for it on http://www.frogfoot.co.uk/ soon. Speaking of articles I'll be looking to speak to a few biking/adventure magazine websites/mags to see if there's any interest in me doing something around killer kielder.

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment