Killer Kielder is a one day epic adventure challenge


Race the Kielder100


Kayak the length of Kielder Water


Run the Lakeside Way marathon

Monday 18 October 2010

Kielder Marathon

Wow what a last 7 days I've had. From having too much wine whilst visiting friends last weekend, giving blood, playing football, squash,yoga doing 2 bike rides (one of which was a 30mile race on saturday) to finding out I had the chance to run the kielder marathon 48 hours before the event then running it in 4hr33!

I'm still trying to make sense of it all and gather my thoughts. If I'm honest I didn't give a second thought to running a marathon with a day notice with only two 4 mile runs under my belt since the great north run last year. Why was this: self belief/stupidity/arrogance/all of the above? Hopefully I'll have some sort of answer before my next blog entry where I'll try and bring things together.

For now I'm concentrating on refueling (curry/half a pizza last night, fish and chips just dispatched tonight) and resting.

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment